5 Things Your Wedding Guests Don’t Actually Care About
1. Centerpieces. So many options, so many flowers, so many candles! And while, yes, they look great in the handful of pictures you will get, most guests won’t remember whether you had peonies, roses, or hydrangeas. So stop stressing about the small details because when your wedding day comes, they will be the last thing on your mind too!
2. Invitations! We were surprised by this, but in retrospect it’s very true. Yes these are the first introductions to your wedding, but a beautiful invitation is just a beautiful invitation. No one is judging you on your card stock choice, calligraphy skills, or font! So don’t spend hundreds of dollars on the fanciest ones you can find - unfortunately most will end up in the trash after your wedding.
3. Wedding Cake! Now this is tricky, because guests do care about the dessert...you need one. But they don’t seem to particularly care what it looks like! So, like the centerpieces, make it thoughtful for that cake-cutting picture, but don’t lose sleep over the perfect buttercream frosting or fondant color! Instead get creative with your cake topper! This is something you can hold onto post-wedding, and still make it meaningful for your big day!
4. The Bouquet and Garter Toss! We, ourselves, have been seeing a huge decline in this tradition already, but surveys say wedding guests don’t actually care about this! What we’ve found, is that if you are a couple who opts-out of this, it will not be missed. Sometimes 'All the Single Ladies' don't like being called out either! Check out our previous post ‘Transform The Toss’ for some creative suggestions!
5. Favors! We’ve talked on this ourselves, but favors are becoming more expensive and extravagant and truthfully, like invitations, most get tossed after the wedding. Smaller favors get left behind leaving you will 100 frisbees or seed packets or decorative soap! When asked, guests much preferred dessert take home boxes, or sweets as favors - something they can eat and then not have to find a place for at home.
Compiled from data provided by: The Knot, WeddingWire, Insider, & Modern Bride.